Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Burning Ring of Fire

I saw a comment last week, eluding to the meteor which exploded over Russia, that said something along the lines of, "Wouldn't we just go down in history as idiots if we became extinct, like the dinosaurs, via the same events?"

I don't think it was any coincidence that last week seemed a bit chaotic, not only for me, but for friends as well.  I honestly think that the meteor had something to do with it.  A foreign object speeding into earth's atmosphere and exploding has to have some big energetic impact?  I'm reminded of when the Hale Bop comet passed through our skies.  I shaved my head and wore a lot of pink during the comet. The Hale Bop comet was a weird time.

Anyway, I've been busy trying to perfect the balancing act that is planning homeschooling for three busy children while planning a farm and garden for the spring AND, most importantly, staying present.  My tendency is to do things all the way.  For example, I didn't just have natural childbirths, I had home births with all three of my children.  I don't just breastfeed, I practice extended breastfeeding until my children are near Kindergarten age and say, "No, thank you."  I didn't just get a tattoo in my twenties, I had my bi-polar boyfriend's initials tattooed on my arm, lasered it off and then proceeded to have an entire sleeve tattooed onto my right arm.  You can see the problem here.  Extreme behavior is, well, extreme.

While I pride myself in being very present, there are times when planning is very necessary.  So here I am, trying my hand at extreme planning, making lists, launching myself into the future, living in my lists and meanwhile the present slips by, hanging on by a thread.  And so it is, this balancing act that is life, its a delicate one.  Plan too much and I miss something.  Plan too little and miss a deadline or forget to water those sprouts in the basement or arrive late to story time and forget to pack snacks.

Cecilia lost a tooth on Saturday and has left, her other front tooth, hanging by a thread.  I'm reminded that we are all balancing something.  We're balancing between little and big, organized and chaotic, extreme and even keel, growing older and staying a child.  Cecilia's energy is changing, pushing out her baby teeth to make room for those awkward big kid teeth.

If everything in life is energy, just wanting to be felt, listened to, seen and recognized, then if I can experience balance and enjoy the present, while also tackling these lists, oh heavens!




No comments:

Post a Comment