Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weeds

I'm not saying that I'm Mother Teresa, but this quote really spoke to me.  I love it.  It IS from Mother Teresa.


“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

Words to live by . . . 


Coming soon . . . many farm updates.  I've been trying to document all of the progress on the orchard field (can I call it an orchard yet?)  Julian is inseparable from the tractor.  He will sit out there all day, riding around with Grandpa.  I have been trying to get out there in the early mornings to rototill some rows before the hubby goes off to work.  We have only to rototill a bit more and then we'll be planting mid-April.  

The water is in EOM ditch and the Highline so we should have water in our Price ditch soon.  Maybe the kids and I will burn ditches tomorrow?  Nothing like a little open burn to put a smile on your face.  I watched the neighbors burn their ditch this morning.  There were three adults manning the burn.  Last year, I burned our ditch with Julian, Cecilia and Francesa as my co-pilots.  As long as the hose reaches the fire, no worries.  I come from a long line of pyromaniacs . . . my mom said her parents used to just give them a box of matches and send them out the door to burn weeds!  Now, I'm not saying that I would do THAT (obviously I have more neighbors than she did) but giving the kiddos the job of spaying with the hose is pretty awesome.  Happy Open Burn Season (PS, its ALWAYS Open Burn season if you live on Farm or Ranch.)  Sorry about the smoke!  Sometimes in life, it takes a little heat to get rid of the weeds.  Here's to hoping your life is weed-free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment